Access bank Plc is one of the best financial institutions in Nigeria and they owe their reputation to the quality service they offers. Just like GTban...
Access bank Plc is one of the best financial institutions in Nigeria and they owe their reputation to the quality service they offers. Just like GTbank Internet Banking, Access Bank Online banking platform is one of those unique features that attracts thousands of customers to the bank.
And recently, Access bank becomes the owner of Diamond Bank which boost their territory in Nigeria’s banking sector.
In this article I’ll be discussing about AccessOnline – which is Access Bank’s internet banking platform.
I will try as much as possible to answer most questions pertaining to Access Bank Online Registration, Buying Data & Airtime, Making transactions, checking balance and even, how to contact Access bank customer care representative right on the internet without visiting any branch.
It’s obvious that both mobile and online banking is gradually gaining recognition among many Nigerians especially, digital champs. Almost everyone wants to do their business online and thereby, needs to send and receive money online which is quite good because it saves time and increases productivity.
Online banking has also pave way for reducing crowded customers in banking halls.
So, any bank in Nigeria or any place in the world who need more and consistent customers, they need to embrace the option for online banking. Access Bank understand this strategy and that’s why they came up with a great online banking system.
Access bank online banking is one of the simplest internet banking platform in Nigeria.
It’s also important and unfortunate to note that not all account holders can access this wonderful online banking platform. Access Bank has a variety of accounts types but not all can make use of the online banking platform.
Some people are asking that…
What Can I Do on Access Bank Online Banking Platform?
You may also have the same question in mind especially you’re the type that “watches before leaping”.
Let me quickly tell you few things you can possibly do on Access Bank Internet Banking platform below:
- Transfer funds to accounts in Access Bank or any other bank in Nigeria.
- Account registration
- Transfer funds to banks outside Nigeria.
- Check Account Balances.
- Pay Utility Bills.
- Buy Airtime & Data from any GSM operator in Nigeria.
- Request for New Cheque books.
- Confirm issued cheques and issue stop cheque instructions.
- Request for New Debit Cards.
- Contact customer care
- Redeem Western Union into Bank Account.
You may be thinking that you can easily do that by visiting any Access Bank outlet and easily do your stuff without wasting your data.
But here is the reason why you need to start using Access bank online banking:
- Unified user credentials (username and password) across all channels.
- Unified beneficiary management (existing and new beneficiaries added on the online banking platform will be accessible across all channels).
- Real time access to your accounts anywhere, anytime.
- Send funds to your loved ones and business associates.
- Stress- free payments to partners and suppliers.
- Carry out transactions round the clock; 24/7.
- Locate the nearest Access Bank location with precision.
The requirements needed from you are:
- Any internet enabled device (e.g. PCs, Laptops, Smart TVs, Smartphone etc.).
- Hardware or Software Token.
- Email or Mobile phone number registered with the bank.
Now let check on how we can get these things done;
Getting Started – Access Bank Online Banking Registration
- Go to Access Bank online banking website or click here
- Click on the “Register Now” button.
- You would need to fill in your account number in the text box provided in order for the bank to verify that you are a customer.
Fill in your Savings or Current Account number and click on “Next“.
- An authentication email and SMS containing an activation code would be sent to your registered email and phone number you provided when you opened your account with access bank.
- Type in the code in the text box provided and click on the “Submit” button.
- Once the activation code has been entered and verified to be correct, a new screen would open where you would choose your preferred internet banking ID, Password and a secure Image.
The secure image is a security feature that would appear every time you type in your username and hit submit button on the Access Bank online banking platform.
- After choosing your internet banking ID, Password and secured Image, you should also accept the terms and conditions and click on “Submit” button.
- Immediately after a successful registration, you are ready to log on to Access bank online banking platform.
As easy as that and you’ve successfully registered!
Before proceeding further I’ll like to inform you that before you can complete any transaction on the Access Online Banking platform, you’ll need to have a “token”.
What is token?
A token is issued by banking or any financial institution to secure and confirm that the banking activities is triggered by the real owner of the account.
A token is not your password.
There are two types of token which are hardware and software token. Fortunately, access bank can issue any of these type to you.
Difference between Hardware token & Software token
Hardware token is a security device issued by the bank to ensure that only transactions originated by an account holder through the internet and mobile banking channels can be accepted for processing.
Software token is a mobile application downloaded to your smartphone and synchronized by the bank to ensure that only transactions originated by an account holder through the internet and mobile banking channels can be accepted for processing.
How to get Access Bank Plc Token
You can visit any Access Bank branch for the hardware token.
Or you can simply get the software token by downloading the Access Bank App for your smartphone on AppStore (Google play store for Android, Apple Store for IOS, and Blackberry App world for Blackberry devices).
After downloading & installing the app, hit the search tap and search for any of these keywords “Entrust Identity Guard” or “Entrust OTP”.
After that, other things is self-explanatory.
NOTE: A hard token costs N2,700 while soft token costs N1,500.
How to Open Account on Access Bank Online Banking Platform
With AccessOnline, you can open either a new or an additional accounts which is different in terms of its features.
Don’t forget that you won’t be able to open another account.
If you have a savings account for example, don’t open another saving account again. But instead you’ll be given the option of choosing among other varieties of account type.
Step-by-step guide to do it:
- Visit Access Bank online banking site again or click here
- Login using your ID and password.
- One the left, tap on the ‘three dash’ tab and you’ll see a list of options.
- From the list, click on ‘Accounts‘ and select ‘Open New Account’.
- You’ll be taken to a new page where you are to choose ‘Account Type’, ‘Account Class’ and your ‘Preferred Branch’.
- Click on the submit button and input your token code to complete.
NOTE: If it’s an additional account, you are not required to provide personal details as the details provided in the active account will be used.
How to Transfer Money on Access Bank Online Banking Platform
Almost 80% of those who choose online banking options do so because they want to easily send money at their own convenient without queueing in the banking hall.
You can also so the same if you’re an account holder in Access Bank Plc.
There are few methods of payment on Access bank online banking platform which are:
- Western Union
- TransFast and
These options above can be used to send and receive money from foreign countries. Access Africa made it possible for you to send local currency or international currency between Access Bank Plc account holders in Africa.
Others doesn’t support local currencies.
But you may not even need any of the aligned methods of transferring money, especially if you don’t need to send money abroad.
Here is a way out for you;
To transfer money from through the access bank online banking platform, you can simply use “PaySend” option which enables you to send money to anybody even in local currencies.
Here is a quick link to the paysend page >>> here
Buying Airtime on Access Bank Online Banking Platform
- Login into your online banking account using steps 1 and 2 above
- After logging in, click on the ‘Mobile Top Up‘ icon.
- Click on ‘Select Subscriber Name‘ and select from the list. There are currently five network providers on the Access Bank online platform which are 9mobile, MTN, Glo, Airtel and Smile Bundle.
- Click on ‘Recharge Plan‘ and select your desired amount. The maximum amount you can purchase is N3,000 while the minimum is N1,000.
- Insert phone number and click on ‘continue‘.
- After that, a new page will appear for you to select an account to pay for the fee. Select the account and write a brief description in the description box and click on ‘Proceed To Payment‘
- Input your token code and click on ‘confirm’ to complete the transaction.
PLEASE NOTE: If you’re looking for a way to purchase data please note that, as at the time a writing this post, there’s no option to buy data on the Access Bank Online Banking platform.
Check Your Account Balance on Access Bank Online Banking Platform
- Follow the steps above to login
- Click on ‘My Accounts’ and your balance will be displayed.
Requesting For ATM Card on Access Bank Online Banking Platform
Using the AccessOnline platform you can request for ATM cards and go pick it up at your preferred branch using the steps below.
- Login into your account
- Click on ‘Card Request‘ icon
- Select your account
- Choose your preferred ‘Card product’, ‘Card type‘ and ‘Pickup branch‘
- Click on ‘order card‘ and complete the transaction by entering your token.
Reaching out to Access Bank Customer Care
If you need to solve urgent issue and you need to contact the Access Bank’s customer care, it’s very easy.
Copy this link to your browser >>> https://www.accessbankplc.com/contact-us/We-Care.aspx and you’ll be redirected to access bank plc online customer care page.
You can choose to contact them through the following:
- Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone numbers: +234 1-2802500 or +234 1-2712005-7
- Or better still, contact them through live chat here
These and many more are some of the cool things you can do with Access bank online banking platform.
AccessOnline is also available for ‘business account’ but the information shared here is for the ‘individual account’ holders.
This is a very good option for Access Bank Plc users, and I expect you to enroll if you haven’t as an Access Bank customer.
I am not an employee of Access Bank plc…
I’m a blogger who help people like find answer to their question through my business blog.
And in case you have any question, be free to ask and I’ll try my best to answer you but it’s better to contact their customer care.
Don’t forget to share this article with your friends!!!
My business name is Stephen Olgade, people says I’m a multi-skilled guy. I guess maybe because I’m an entertainer, blogger, web designer, SEO specialist, Content Writer, business coach and motivational speaker. But what do i have to say about myself? My contents, personality and services will say and proof the person i am to you.
Last Updated on