Do you know how many banks we have in Nigeria and even their websites?
Today, I will listing down all the banks in Nigeria including their website, year founded, address and how they operates
The banking industry in Nigeria has seen significant growth over the years. With this developmental strides, these bank have taken their trade online. Information about these banks can now be found on their websites.
Some of the banks I’ll be listing have international Banking License, other are national and some regional.
All 21 Licensed Banks in Nigeria and Their Websites
- Access Bank: Access Bank plc, commonly known as Access Bank, is a Nigerian multinational commercial bank, owned by Access Bank Group. It is licensed by the Central Bank of Nigeria, the national banking regulator.
It was founded in 1989. The headquarters is located at; Plot 999c Danmole street, off Adeola Odeku/Idejo street, Victoria Island, Lagos.
- Fidelity Bank: Fidelity Bank Plc., is a commercial bank in Nigeria. It is licensed as a commercial bank with international authorization, by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN).
Fidelity Bank was founded 1988, with its headquarters in Lagos State.
- First City Monument Bank (FCMB): First City Monument Bank (FCMB) Ltd is a full service banking group.
It was founded in April 20 1982.
The bank has its headquarters in Lagos.
- First Bank: First Bank of Nigeria, sometimes referred to as FirstBank, is a Nigerian multinational bank and financial services company headquartered in Lagos. It is the biggest bank in Nigeria by total deposits and gross earnings.
It was founded in 1894. Their initial name was ‘Bank of British West Africa’.
It was later renamed in 1979 as First Bank of Nigeria.
Headquarters 35 Marina, Lagos State.
- Guarantee Trust Bank (GTB): Guaranty Trust Bank plc also known as GTBank or simply GTB is a Nigerian multinational financial institution that offers Online/Internet Banking, Retail Banking, Corporate Banking, Investment Banking and Asset Management services.
It was founded on the 17th of January 1990. GT Bank’s headquarters is located at 635 Akin Adesola Street, Victoria Island, Lagos.
- Union Bank: Union Bank is a large commercial bank, serving individuals, small and medium-sized companies, as well as large corporations and organizations.
- United Bank for Africa (UBA): United Bank for Africa (UBA) Plc is one of Africa’s largest financial institutions with operations in 20 African countries and 3 global financial centers: New York, London and Paris.
- Zenith Bank: Zenith Bank is a Nigerian multinational financial services provider. It is licensed as a commercial bank, by the Central Bank of Nigeria, the central bank and national banking regulator.
The bank was established in May 1990 and commenced banking operations in July of the same year. On 17 June 2004, the bank became a public limited company.
Headquarters: Zenith Heights, Plot 84, Ajose Adeogun street, Victoria Island, Lagos.
- Wema Bank: Wema Bank Plc, commonly known as Wema Bank, is a Nigerian commercial bank.
It was founded on the 2nd of May, 1945.
Headquarters: 54 Marina, Lagos.
- Stanbic IBTC: Stanbic IBTC Holdings , commonly referred to as Stanbic IBT , is a financial service holding company in Nigeria with subsidiaries in banking, stock brokerage, investment advisory, pension and trustee businesses. Stanbic IBTC Holdings is a member of the Standard Bank Group, a financial services giant based in South Africa. Standard Bank is Africa’s largest banking group ranked by assets and earnings operations in 20 African countries and 13 countries outside Africa.
Founded in 1989
Headquarters I.B.T.C. Place, Walter Carrington Crescent, Victoria Island, Lagos.
- Sterling Bank: Sterling Bank Plc is a full service national commercial bank licensed by the Central Bank of Nigeria. Its shares trade under the Banking sector of the Nigerian Stock Exchange with the symbol STERLNBANK. It was founded in 1960.
Sterling Banks headquarters is located in Sterling Towers, 20 Marina, P.M.B. 12735, Lagos State.
- Polaris Bank: Polaris Bank Limited, formerly Skye Bank, is a commercial bank based in Nigeria. It is licensed by the Central Bank of Nigeria.
Polaris bank is the youngest Nigerian bank. The bank was founded on the 24th of September, 2018. With its headquarters at 3 Akin Adesola Street Victoria Island, Lagos.
- Ecobank: Ecobank Nigeria Plc, commonly referred to as Ecobank Nigeria PLC, is a commercial bank in Nigeria. It is one of the commercial banks licensed by the Central Bank of Nigeria.
Ecobank was founded in 1986 with its headquarters in Lagos.
- Heritage Bank: Heritage Bank Plc. (HB PLC,) but often referred to as Heritage Bank, is a Nigerian commercial bank.
Heritage Bank began operations in 1989.
Headquarters: 292B Ajose Adeogun Street, Victoria Island, Lagos.
- Keystone Bank: Keystone Bank Limited, also known as Unity Bank plc, is a commercial bank in Nigeria.
This is also a young bank, founded in 2011.
Headquarters: Victoria Island, Lagos.
- Unity Bank: Unity Bank, also known as Unity Bank plc, is a commercial bank in Nigeria.
It was founded in 2006 with its headquarters in Abuja.
- Diamond Bank: Diamond Bank Plc. is a Nigerian multinational financial service provider. Diamond Bank was acquired by Access Bank PLC in December 2018, and announced to complete the transactions of the merger fully in the first half of 2019.
Founded December 20, 1990.
Headquarters Victoria Island, Lagos
- Standard Chartered Bank: In 1965, the Standard Bank of South Africa merged with the Bank of West Africa acquiring businesses including a banking operation in Nigeria, which dated back to 1894. The name was then changed to Standard Bank of West Africa. Four years after the merger, Standard Bank Nigeria was incorporated locally to take over the business in Nigeria
Its head office is located at: 142 Ahmadu Bello way, Victoria Island, Lagos.
19: Citi Bank: Citi has had a presence in Nigeria since 1984. Citi is one of the oldest existing international bank in Nigeria, with service bank branches spread across the nation.
Citi Bank’s head office is located in Charles S. Sankey House, 27 Kofo Abayomi Street, Victoria Island, Lagos.
- Jaiz Bank: Jaiz Bank Plc, is a bank in Nigeria operating under Islamic banking principles and is a non-interest bank. It is the first non-interest bank established and is headquartered in Abuja, the capital city of the country.
It was founded in 2003.
- Sun Trust Bank: SunTrust Bank Nigeria Limited (STBNL), is a Nigerian financial services provider, licensed as a commercial bank, by the Central Bank of Nigeria.
Founded August 15, 2016.
Headquarters: 1 Oladele Olashore Street, Off Sanusi Fafunwa Street, Victoria Island, Lagos, Lagos State, Nigeria
- Providus Bank: Providus Bank Limited (PBL), is a
Nigerian financial services provider, licensed as a commercial bank, by the Central Bank of Nigeria.
Founded June 15, 2016
Head Office: 724 Adetokunbo Ademola Street, Victoria Island, Lagos.
So there you have it guys, these are all the banks in Nigeria and their websites. Do you think we missed to add a bank or more? Kindly tell us using the comment box below.