When considering all banks in Nigeria, I can boldly say GTBank internet banking platform is one of the best or should I just say it’s the best when it comes to banking on the internet with your smartphone. With their very useful features and an easy-to-use website it sure stands out from the crowd.
There are a lot of things you could do on GTBank online banking platform such as opening account, BVN linking, purchase of airtime/data, payment of utility bills, requesting for statement and a bunch of other things.
In this post I’ll be showing explaining the GTBank Internet banking platform and how to go about using some of the features.
But let me start by introducing this wonderful online banking platform to you;
What is GTBank Internet Banking?
GTBank Internet or online banking is a platform where customers can perform various banking activities online without going to the bank. It is geared towards making life comfortable for customers and business owners as it saves them the time and stress of queuing up in the banking hall.
Customers who wish to access the portal should visit GTbank official website to get started.
GTBank Internet Banking: How to Enroll, Get User ID and Password?
To get started, you have to sign up for GT internet banking by filling the GTB internet banking request form. You can download GTBank e-banking form online here or walk in to the nearest GTBank branch office to fill the form.
The form can either be scanned and e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org OR submitted at any GTBank branch.
In the request form, you will be required to provide your GTBank account number & name, your email address, the accounts to be profiled for internet banking, the internet banking services to be profiled on your accounts etc.
Once your registration has been approved, your account will be profiled and your GTBank internet banking credentials will be sent to your account’s email address.
Your GTBank internet banking ID and password will be sent to your email once your account has been profiled for the service.
NOTE: For safety reasons, you’ll be required to change your password within 2 hours of receiving the mail.
How to Register an Acount on GTBank Internet Banking
GTBank has a special online platform for opening an account using your smartphone or pc. It is called Account Opening Web Engine (AOWE).
- To begin go to www.ao.gtbank.com/aowe/start – it’s the Account Opening Web Engine.
- You will be greeted with the following options:
- Open a personal account now
- Open a business account now
- Click on one of the options. But for this post I’ll be focusing on the ‘personal GTB account‘. Once you click the select that option, you will be redirected to a new page.
- You will find this two options:
- Open a new account (if you don’t have an existing GTB account).
- Open an additional account (if you’re looking to opening another account)
NOTE: You can’t have two accounts of the same type. That is; you can’t own more than one savings account, current account or any other account.
ALSO CHECK: 7 Ways to Make Money Online in Nigeria
But you can have a domiciliary account and a savings account since they are different.
- Choose which type of account you wish to open with Guaranty Trust Bank and the site will automatically update the application form, allowing you to add more information.
- It is necessary to validate BVN now. So select the account type, enter your BVN number if you have it or type one number 0 (zero) if you don’t, and click on the ”Validate” tab.
- It is time to add more personal details to your application, such as your full name, mother’s maiden name, date of birth, residential address, next of kin details, mobile number, email address etc. Click on ‘CONTINUE’ to proceed with GTBank account opening online.
Congratulations you have successfully opened a new account using the GTBank internet banking facility.
How to Login to GTBank Internet Banking
If you’ve just opened an account before it should be quite easy to navigate through this because the process is quite similar. You’ll need to wait for a specified range of time to receive your new account number.
To login to your GTbank Internet Banking, you will need your User ID and Password which I’m sure you have them either in a safe diary or in your brain.
- Go to www.gtbank.com
- Click on “LOGIN” button
- Enter your “USER ID” and “Password“
- Login successfully.
Note: Always clear your browsing history after every login to your GTBank Online Banking account.
If you’ve gotten your account number it’s now time to begin using your account. I’ll be sharing some things you can do on GTBank online banking platform.
How to Transfer Money on GTBank Internet Banking Platform?
With GTBank Internet banking, you can transfer money between your various accounts e.g. from current account to savings account; to any other GTBank account and to other Nigerian banks accounts.
- Visit www.gtbank.com and click on login
NOTE: When logging in, the keypad changes each time the page is refreshed for your security online.
- Click on the “Account Transfer” tab on the sidebar, you can use the “Own account transfer” link to transfer between your accounts. Right there, you will also see the links to transfer to another GTBank account and other banks (Instant).
- A transaction code will be needed to complete some transactions via GTB internet banking. Example: Transfer to any GTBank account, Transfers to other bank accounts etc.
- You can generate those transaction codes by making use of GT Token hardware.
You can get a hardware token at any GTBank branch at a cost of N2,100.
This token will be used in authorizing your transactions on the online platform only.
How to Purchase Airtime Using GTBank Online Banking
You can purchase airtime on the go using GTBank internet banking.
- Login into your account by typing in your ‘User ID‘ and ‘password‘ in the required tab
- On the left side bar click on “Self Service”
- Select “Add Services“
A new page would be displayed to you which would bring out a list of numerous services that you can add to the transactions you perform on the internet banking platform.
- From the list of services select “Airtime Purchase” and tick it.
- After you must have finished ticking, scroll down to the button, input the answer to your security question in the field provided and click on continue.
- You’ll be taken to the top of the screen, where you’ll see a field to enter the transaction code generated from your Hardware Token You can get the code by clicking on the white button of your hardware token.
- When done click on ‘SUBMIT‘ and wait for the transaction to be successfully completed.
How to Buy Data on GTbank Internet Banking
Buying Data on GTBank internet banking platform is similar to buying airtime.
- Follow steps 1 – 3 above and select ‘Data’ from the list of services.
- Continue with steps 5 – 7 above to buy data.
How to Check Your Account Balance on GTBank Online Banking
- Login to your internet banking platform
- Click on check account balance
Your account information will display right on your screen
How to Contact customer care on GTbank Internet Banking
You can chat with a online customer service representative using the GT Bank online banking website.
- Visit GTBank website >>> www.gtbank.com
- Scrolling down through the page you’ll see an icon named ‘Chat‘. Click on it
- Login using your account details. You can also login with either Facebook or Google account.
- Type in your phone number and message
- Click on send a wait for a response from the next available agent.
So there you have it, banking made easy with GTBank internet banking solution.
It’s a unique experience using the platform, if you’ve not enrolled for online banking what are you waiting for?
If you have any question pertaining to this wonderful banking platform in Nigeria, kindly let me know in the comment box below. And please, don’t forget to share this article with your friends using the social media buttons below.