Connect with us

9ja News

Reno Omokri: Anybody Who Is Not Happy With The Release of The 82 Chibok Girls Is A Monster Without Humanity

Published

on

Reno Omokri: Anybody Who Is Not Happy With The Release of 82 Chibok Girls is A Monster!

After alot of reactions to the recently released 82 chibok girls, Reno Omokri has taken again to his media pen to Slammed whoever think, feel or said the release of the Chibok girls is a scam, he even refers to such people as a monster whose there humanity should be questioned.

Although, Reno Omokri is not a good friend the present government in the country or to its political party but, he seems to be very happy with the released of the 82 chibok girls. He even commended the effort of the presidency for putting their rightful efforts in rescuing the girls.

Read his article on this matter below:-

Anybody that is not happy that 82 Chibok girls were released must be a monster whose humanity should be called into question.
I thank God that these girls have been released and I commend the Federal Government for the feat of ensuring that these girls are reunited with their families. May God bless PresidentMuhammadu Buhari for providing the leadership that enabled this to happen. Having said that, there are some factual observations I want to raise. What you are about to read is completely devoid of any opinion. I am just stating facts.
You may not like the facts. You may not even like me. But one thing you cannot
do is ignore the fact. May 5, 2017: 82 Chibok girls were released by Boko Haram to the Nigerian government after negotiations that involved a prisoner swap and according to some news reports also included substantial payments: But questions about this incidence remain. On May 3, 2017, internationa AFP News AgencyP News Agencygency, reported that on Friday April 29, 2017 fighter jets from the Nigerian Airforce had pounded Boko Haram positions in Balla village, which is 25 miles from Damboa, just outside Sambisa Forest. Citing intelligence reports, they reported that the bombing was so intense that several Boko Haram
fighters were killed including the group’s deputy leader, Abba Mustapha, alias Malam Abba and another leader, Abubakar Gashua, alias Abu Aisha, described as a key person in the group’s hierarchy.
The Nigerian Air force emailed a statement to the AFP in support of these reports on the same day and said “Battle damage assessment conducted after the strike showed that several leaders of the Boko Haram terrorist organisation and their followers were killed during the attacks”. Babakura Kolo, a member of the Civilian JTF (a militia registered with the Nigerian government to help in the fight with Boko Haram) testified that “a
number of commanders were killed.”
On May 4, 2017, Boko Haram’s leader, Abubakar Shekau, released a video denouncing and taunting the Nigerian government over the attack and promising reprisals. Yet, after this incident on April 29, 2017 that led to the death of their top commanders and many of their foot soldiers, Boko Haram still went on to release 82 Chibok girls to the same Nigerian government that their leader had sworn revenge on exactly a week earlier?
Does this add up? Does this gel with reality? Does this even make sense? Is Boko Haram that magnanimous? On May 7, 2017, when the girls were ferried over
to the Nigerian Presidential Villa at Aso Rock, Abuja to meet with President Muhammadu Buhari, photographs released showed them looking very well fed and robust.
In fact, the next day (May 8) Africa’s top blog, Linda Ikeji’s blog published a photo of the released girls side by side with a picture of a woman and her baby in one of the Internally Displaced Persons camp in Borno state for a side by side comparison and these Chibok girls, who had been living rough inside Sambisa forest looked well fed, well groomed and buxom while the woman in the IDP camp looked haggard and hungry. It leaves you questioning who has been in
captivity and who has been free. How is this possible?
This is not the first time Chibok girls have been released. Almost exactly a year ago, just a week before the current Nigerian administration marked its first year in office some Chibok girls were also released. Another batch were released in October 2016.
The thing is that when these girls are released there is a media blackout on them. No one is allowed near them to interview them. I understand that they have gone through an ordeal, but Malala also went through a similar or even worse ordeal and no one shielded her from the press. Malala Yousafzai was
shot at age 15 by the taliban and left unconscious.
She survived and she was threatened by the taliban who threatened to kill her should they catch her. Her case was one of clear and present danger. Yet she was not sequestered from the public even though, like the Chibok girls, her English was not so good at first. In fact, an international press tour was arranged for her placing her on the world stage and kickstarting the activism that earned her a Nobel Prize making her the youngest person ever to be so awarded.
One would have thought that that is what would have played out for the released girls. Last October, 21 Chibok
girls were release by Boko Haram after negotiations. Till date, these girls have been kept from the press. Even their own parents are not allowed aThe New York Timesew York TimesTimes York Times piece on them published on March 11, 2017.
The girls are kept in S safe house according to the New York Times. During the Christmas holidays they were allowed to visit Chibok but were housed in the home of a “top politician”. Their parents were only allowed to ‘visit them’. Soldiers guarded the girls and after some hours asked the parents of the girls to leave.
On Christmas Day itself, they were
denied entry to the politicians house to see their own children and on January 8, 2017 the girls were returned to their safe house and according to the New York Times “Neither the public nor their parents have been able to see them since.” No one really knows what went on with these girls since their abduction. It is all smoke and mirrors. These girls are innocent.
They did not kidnap themselves. They were pawns in a game whose puppeteers we do not yet know. No one should raise any questions about these girls after what they have been through. But surely we can raise questions about events themselves. Think people. Am I
the only one seeing this?

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

9ja News

#EndSARS: Nigeria Senate Begins Investigations About the Alleged Human Rights Abuses

Published

on

#EndSARS: Senates Begins Investigation on SARS for Human Rights Abuses

The Nigerian Senates had on Tuesday ordered its Ad hoc Committee on Security to begin investigation on Special Anti-Robbery squad (SARS) of the Nigeria Police Force on the allegations of human rights abuses.

According to our source, the issue was raised by Senator Isa Misau from Bauchi during the senate plenary.

Senator Isa Misau said that the law, the highest investigative arm of the Nigerian police under the Police Act and regulation was the Force Criminal Investigation and Intelligence Department (Force CID).

He said:

For effective and efficient administration, the department is divided into 14 sections for which the Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS) is one of them.

The squad is supposed to be a section in each state command, with sole responsibility of handling armed robbery cases and answerable to the commissioner for police.

I have in the last few months received petitions from my constituency, both online and physically, against SARS on violence from extra-judicial killing, brutality, torture, arrest, bribery and other menacing conduct by the men of the unit.

Misau added that some investigations had shown that the incidents were not isolated as many people had been sharing their experiences on social media. He said:

We are a civilised society. The majority of the Nigerian Police is manned by men and women of great integrity, discipline and commitment.

However, this unit is not one of them. It is dangerous for us to have a unit of the police force to act as if it is above the law and empowered to so behave.

The lawmaker encouraged other senate members to decide together and put an end to SARS in order to pave way for a more civilized unit that will be built around the rule of law and human rights observance.

I’m aware that in 2015, the then IG of Police, Solomon Arase, had due to incessant reports of abuses by the force, split SARS into two units with a view to check human rights abuses.

This indeed was by ensuring that officers cannot make arrest and investigate the same case.

Sen. Isa Misau added that the abuses had continued without any success regarding former Inspector General of Police decision to eliminate human rights abuses.
He said the Nigeria Police had a major obligation to ensure protection of human rights in all the states of the federation.

It therefore ought to prevent and investigate corruption as well as misconduct by law enforcement officers and provide accountability for the exercise of their powers.

I call on this chamber to mandate the ad hoc committee on security to investigate this issue of human rights abuses by SARS and make relevant recommendations.

The motion was also supported by Dino Melaye (APC-Kogi).

In his remarks, the President of the Senate, Bukola Saraki, said it was appropriate for the matter to be sent to the committee for consideration. He said:

It is clear that something wrong is going on and needs urgent attention. It is happening in all our constituents, and we must be seen to be responsive to some of these needs.

Continue Reading

9ja News

Nigerians Are Also Behind Slave Trade in Libya – Survivors

Published

on

Slave Trade in Libya: “Fellow Nigerians Are Also Behind Trading Nigeria’s Migrants As Slaves” – Survivors

Survivors of the slave trade in Libya who are returning back to Nigeria have said that their fellow Nigerians were also behind the trading of Nigeria’s migrants as slaves in Libya.

About 150 Nigerians who were mostly from Edo and Delta states who were returning home after they have been stranded in Libya told The PUNCH that they were sold by their fellow countrymen.

A survivor, Odion Saliu who is a 26-year-old lady from Edo State said that she was abducted initially by the Arabs and later abducted by a Nigerian, who then sold her. She said:

When I was kidnapped with others and held for some weeks, the Arabs asked if I wanted to be taken to a Nigerian and I readily said yes. I was very happy that I was going to someone from my country. But it was a lie.

The Nigerian they took me to locked me in a cell and told me to call my mother and ask for N60, 000. The man said he would sell me to a connection house if my family did not get the money. I called to inform my mother and the trafficker who facilitated my journey from Nigeria.

But the trafficker spoke with them on the phone and told them the amount they demanded was too small. They increased it to N200, 000. My mother paid into an account after they provided her with the account number over the phone.

The Nigerian said if I wanted to cross the sea, I had to pay him again. But when we got to the seaside, he sold me again.

Another survivor, Sunday Anyaegbunam, who left with his wife, said he was sold twice by Nigerians. He said, he had to pay a ransom to have himself and his wife released. He said:

We were made to contact our families on the phone and I had to ensure the payment of N400, 000 for my release and N300, 000 for my wife.

The Nigerians selling people in Libya are more wicked than many of the Arabs. I have never seen people so heartless as the Nigerians who bought and sold me.

There are many of them in Agadez and Sabha, who are making so much money from selling their own people. But there are other West Africans doing the business too.

When you approach them and say, “Please, my brother, help me.” They would tell you, “No brother in the jungle.”

In a report by The Citizen, the story is the same. Fotsi, a Cameroonian who left his country in search of greener pastures also fell into the hands of Nigerian slave merchants. He said:

There was torture like I’ve never seen. They hit you with wooden bats, with iron bars.

They hang you from the ceiling by (your) arms and legs and then throw you down to the floor. They swing you and throw you against the wall, over and over again, ten times.

They are not human beings. They are the devil personified.

Continue Reading

9ja Celebs

Former President, Goodluck Jonathan & Senator Ben Murray Bruce Congratulates Wizkid As He Won The “Best International Act” At 2017 MOBO Awards

Published

on

MOBO Awards 2017: Wizkid Received Congratulatory Messages From Former President Goodluck Jonathan and Sen. Ben Murray Bruce

Joy is celebrating joy in Nigeria and across Africa continent as our proud sons, Wizkid and Davido won two of the best Awards at 2017 MOBO Awards.

2017 MOBO Awards was a big night for Nigeria’s superstar singer Wizkid as he won the “Best International Act” and also, big record for Nigeria’s Entertainment Industry and to the world.

CHECK Out: Full List of Nominees At 2017 MOBO Awards – Click Here

At this 2017 MOBO Awards, Wizkid beat the likes of Drake, SZA, Cardi B, JAY-Z, Kendrick Lamar among others, to take home the award.

After the great achievement hit
And goes viral, Nigeria’s Former president, Goodluck Ebele Jonathan
congratulated Wizkid on Facebook saying the “win is a proud moment for Nigeria”.

Former President Goodluck Jonathan wrote:

When Nigeria does well, I cannot help but feel well. My happiness is tied to the happiness of Nigeria and when Nigerians break records and take the name of Nigeria to greater heights it exhilarates me. Thank you Wizkid for raising Nigeria’s flag high for the positive, not the negative. Your emergence as the Best International Act at the #MOBOAwards is a proud moment for Nigeria. And the fact that you emerged over JAY-Z and Drake makes it even more celebratory. WELL DONE. GEJ.

Also, The Chief Executive Officer of Silverbird and the Senator representing Bayelsa East Constituency, Senator Ben Murray Bruce also shared his congratulatory message via the Twitter. Read below:-

Dear @wizkidayo, I‘ve been in the entertainment business as an investor since 1980 and one of my proudest moments for Nigerian music is the day you defeated both Jayz and @Drake, two of the biggest stars in the world, to win the Best international Act at the #MOBOAwards well done.

Check out the full list of winners at the 2017 MOBO Awards here – (Click)

Continue Reading

Trending

Get Your Recharge Card Printing Software & Licence

CLICK HERE!
X