Olamide’s Net worth, Music career, Awards, and other parts of his lifestyle is what we will discuss here. Born on the 15th of March, 1989, Olamide Adedeji, Known popularly as Olamide, is a Nigerian rapper and hip-hop artist. He is heralded for his fast-paced rap, and ability to mix English and Yoruba language. Olamide broke into the industry in 2011, releasing his first album ‘Rapsodi’. He went on to release several albums—making him a mainstay in the Nigerian entertainment industry.
Early Life of Olamide
Olamide was raised in Bariga, in Somolu local government of Lagos State. He had his elementary and secondary education in Lagos before moving to Ogun State for college. Olamide attended Tai Solarin University of Education to study Mass Communications. After graduating, he went on to pursue a career in music. In no time, he released his first single ‘Eni Duro’. He has since gone on to become one of the best rappers in the Nigerian music industry.
Olamide is the son of Mr. and Mrs. Adedeji. They are both late. Mrs. Adedeji died just after Olamide released Eyan Mayweather. He lost his dad two years earlier.
Did Olamide Come From A Rich Family
No, Olamide didn’t come from a wealthy background. His parents weren’t among the wealthiest, Olamide does speak of his struggles before his hustle turns to great rewards of blessing.
How old is Olamide? Olamide’s Age
Olamide was born on the 15th of March, 1989 – That means he’s currently 31-years-old (in 2020).
Olamide Music Career
Olamide started off as a musical prodigy for CodedTunes records. He released his first single “Eni Duro” in 2010 and dropped his first album a year later. Rapsodi, the album, had 16 tracks and featured numerous artists.
In 2012, he left the record label and founded his label “YBNL Nation”. That same year, he dropped his second album YBNL. It was released on the 12th of November and featured artists like Davido. It had four singles: Ilefo Illuminati, First Of All, Stupid Love, and Voice of The Street.
On the 7th of November 2013, Olamide released his third studio album Baddest Guy Ever Liveth (BGEL). It was produced by Pheelz and comprised the following tracks: Durosoke, Yemi My Lover, Eleda Mi O, and Turn Up. The album brought some accolades for Olamide the following year.
ALSO CHECK: Wizkid Biography, Net Worth and Nominations
Street OT was released on the 14th of November 2014 with Pheelz, Young John, and B-Banks as producers. The leading track “Story For The Gods” was received happily by music enthusiasts. Street OT also featured guest artists like Don Jazzy, Phyno, Reminisce, and Lil Kesh.
2015 did see an album release from Olamide. But the rapper also collaborated with Phyno to release 2 Kings. A perfect collabo from Penthauze Music and YBNL nation with a mix of creative producers. It also featured guest artists including Wizkid and Lil Kesh.
A few months later, Olamide dropped Eyan Mayweather—his fifth studio album. The album, which had over twenty tracks, was produced by Pheelz, Young John, B-Banks, and other producers.
He went on to drop The Glory (2016), Lagos Nawa (2017), and Double (2020). Olamide released his first EP “999” on the 9th of February 2020. It wasn’t the best we’ve seen from the rapper but it did make some waves.
Summary: Olamide’s Albums and Release Date
- Rapsodi (2011)
- YBNL (2012)
- Baddest Guy Ever Liveth (2013)
- Street OT (2014)
- Eyan Mayweather (2015)
- The Glory (2016)
- Lagos Nawa (2017)
- Double (2019)
- [EP] 999 (2020)
- [Coll. Album] 2 Kings (2015 ft. Phyno)
- [Coll. Album] YBNL Mafia Family (2018)
The rapper has had his fair share of personal issues. From losing both parents to baby mama controversies and lots more.
Olamide is blessed with three kids from two women. His first son, Maximilian Boluwatife Adedeji, was born on the 30th of January 2015. Maximilian’s naming ceremony had lots of dignitaries in attendance including the then governor of Lagos State, Babatunde Fashola.
His second child, Tunrepin Myles Adedeji, was given birth in July of 2019. A month later, Olamide welcomed his third child Asaiah Monifé Maria at a London hospital. His first and second child was given birth by Adebukumi Aisha Suleiman while Maria Okanrende, a BeatFm OAP, bore Olamide’s third child.
Notable Achievements and Awards
Since his rise to fame, Olamide has gone ahead to win a good number of awards. Here are his awards and notable achievements.
- 2013: Best Collabo (Ghost Mode ft. Phyno) – Nigeria Entertainment Awards
- 2013: Best Indigenous Artist – Nigeria Entertainment Awards
- 2013: Best Album Of The Year (YBNL) – The Headies
- 2013: Best Rap Album (YBNL) – The Headies
- 2013: Album Of The Year (YBNL) – The Headies
- 2013: Best Street Hip-Hop Artist – The Headies
- 2013: Best Afro Hip-Hop Video (Durosoke) – Nigeria Music Video Awards
- 2014: Most Gifted Western Artist (Turn Up) – Channel O Music Video Awards
- 2014: Album Of The Year (Baddest Guy Ever Liveth) – The Headies
- 2014: Best Rap Album (Baddest Guy Ever Liveth) – The Headies
- 2015: Artist Of The Year (Street OT) – TooXclusive Awards
- 2015: Mixtape Of The Year (2 Kings ft. Phyno) – TooXclusive Awards
- 2015: Best Hip-Hop Track (Local Rappers ft. Reminisce & Phyno) – TooXclusive Awards
- 2015: Male Artist Of The Year – TooXclusive Awards
- 2015: Artiste Of The Year – TooXclusive Awards
- 2015: Video Wonder Of The Year (Melo Melo) – TooXclusive Awards
- 2015: Certified Banger Of The Year (Shakito Bobo) – TooXclusive Awards
- 2015: Artist Of The Year – The Headies
- 2015: Best Street-Hop Artiste – The Headies
- 2015: Rap Artist Of The Year – City People Entertainment Awards
- 2016: Rap Act Of The Year – Nigeria Entertainment Awards
- 2016: Album Of The Year (Eyan Mayweather) – Nigeria Entertainment Awards
How wealthy is Olamide? Olamide’s Net Worth
After years of music sales, endorsement deals, and branding, Olamide is worth an estimated $12 million in 2020 by Forbes.
Like most celebrities, Olamide is a car lover and has a collection of exotic cars. Here are his collection of cars:
- Toyota Camry
- Mercedes-Benz G Class
- Rolls Royce Phantom
- Range Rover V8