Davido is one of the most successful celebrities in Africa, and that’s why his fans (and maybe foes) often ask different questions on Google just to keep up with him. Such questions include; What’s Davido’s net worth, how old is he, how many kids has he birthed and so many questions about Davido’s lifestyle.
Well, this particular page is dedicated to answering most of these questions, and thereby, getting you to know about your favorite afrobeat singer, Davido.
David Adedeji Adeleke, known popularly as Davido, is an American-born Nigerian artist, songwriter, and record producer. Born on the 21st of November 1992, Davido hit the limelight after dropping Dami Duro—a hit track from his first album and also, the first track to win him accolades.
Davido Biography, Net worth, Cars, Kids and Lifestyle 2020
Okay guys, let’s start taking a look into his life.
Early Life of Davido
Davido was born in Atlanta, Georgia, USA. He was raised among two siblings by his parents. His sister is Sharon Adeleke, and brother, Adewale Adeleke.
Davido’s dad, Adedeji Adeleke, is a popular business figure in Nigeria, while his mom, Veronica Adeleke was a university lecturer.
Did Davido Come From A Rich Family
Yes, Davido came from a wealthy family. His father, Adedeji Adeleke, is a Nigerian billionaire. He’s also the CEO of Pacific Holdings and one of the founders of Adeleke University in Ede, their hometown in Osun State Nigeria.
How Old is Davido, Which Year Was He Born?
Davido was born on the 21st of November, 1992 – That means he’s currently 28-years-old (in 2020).
David attended the British International School in Lagos Nigeria. Upon graduation, he moved to Oakwood University, Alabama, the US to study business administration like his dad. During his time at Oakwood University, Davido began purchasing musical and recording equipment.
Soon, he dropped out to focus fully on his music career. He formed a record called KB Records alongside Shina Rambo and B-Red. After his brief stint with the record, he relocated permanently to London to improve his vocals.
Davido returned to Nigeria in 2011. He was asked by his dad to study professional music in Nigeria upon arrival. He got admitted into Badcock university to study music. He was the pioneer student of the department: a department his dad paid to begin. The star graduated in 2015 but he already had his career up and running.
Davido Music Career
Davido began his music career during his days at Oakwood University, Alabama, US. He spent some time with KB Records before returning to Nigeria. Back in Nigeria, he proceeded to study music professionally at Badcock university.
A few years into college, the celebrity’s career took off. Before graduating from college, the star had a couple of awards credited to his name.
Davido dropped his first album Omo Baba Olowo in 2012. It included the following singles: Back When (2011), Dami Duro (2011), Ekuro (2012), Overseas (2012), All Of You (2012), Gbon Gbon (2012), and Feel Alright (2012). The album’s second single, Dami Duro, exposed Davido to the Nigerian entertainment industry.
His first album received low patronage from the musical audience in Nigeria. Music critics thought Davido’s songwriting prowess was below par. However, the album was nominated for the best album/album of the year for the Headies and Nigeria Entertainment Awards.
Davido hinted at a new album titled “The Baddest” which was to be released in 2015. However, it was delayed and then pushed to another date and that was all. The Baddest didn’t see the light of the day. But the artist did release other tracks.
The song, Gobe, was released on 25th February 2013. The track which was produced by Shizzi received positive comments from music enthusiasts in the country. On the 13th of May 2013, Davido released “One Of A Kind” which was also produced by Shizzi. The popular dance track, Skelewu, was also released in August of the same year.
ALSO READ: Wizkid Biography, Net Worth and Nominations
Skelewu was immediately accepted by the general music audience and soon became a hit across the country. A dance competition was introduced shortly after its release. The official video, directed by Moe Musa, was uploaded on YouTube two months later. It was the second video for the track after the first video which was directed by Sesan was leaked via a parody account.
A couple of months into the next year, Davido dropped another single, Aye, and released its video six days later. The audio and video for the track were produced by T-Spice and Clarence Peters respectively.
In a somewhat of a silent year, Davido featured Mafikizolo in his second track of the year, Tchelete (Goodlife). The next year, he dropped a new track titled “Fans Mi” which featured Meek Mill.
Davido went on to drop other tracks in 2015: Dodo, Owo Ni Koko, The Sound (ft. Uhuru and Dj Buckz), and The Money (ft. Olamide).
2016 was special for Davido, as he founded his record label: Davido Music Worldwide (DMW). And in a few months, he dropped his first EP titled “Son Of Mercy”. It compromised the following tracks: Gbagbe Oshi, How Long (ft. Tinashe), and Coolest Kid in Africa (ft. Nasty C.).
Over the next two years, Davido released six non-album tracks: Pere (ft. Rae Sremmurd and Young Thug), Fia, Like Dat, Flora My Flawa, Nwa Baby, and Wonder Woman.
On 22nd November 2019, Davido dropped his second studio album—A Good Time. It featured IF (2017), Fall (2017), Assurance (2018), Blow My Mind (ft. Chris Brown – 2019), and Risky (ft Popcaan – 2019).
Summary: Davido’s Albums and Release Date
- Omo Baba Olowo — (under Sony Entertainment): 2012
- [EP] Son Of Mercy — (Davido Music Worldwide): 2016.
- A Good Time — (Davido Music Worldwide): 2019.
The popular celebrity has got a personal life outside the world of entertainment. Few years into his singing career, he had an affair with Dele Momodu’s cousin—Sophia Momodu. She was his “Baby Mama” at the time and gave birth to his first daughter Aurora Imade Adeleke.
He has two other kids; a son David Adedeji Adeleke jr., and Hailey Veronica Adeleke—given birth by Amanda his American girlfriend.
The star has gone on to date different ladies. He’s currently in a relationship with Chioma Avril Rowland, known popularly as “Chef-Chi”. Their relationship has been clouded with controversies in 2020. Several media outlets did report of their separation, citing the cause to be domestic violence from Davido. The news sparked lots of discussions among music enthusiasts.
However, his girlfriend did release a statement debunking earlier media reports but also encouraged ladies to speak up against domestic violence. While many believe that they’re still together, Davido’s decision to unfollow everyone on his Instagram account—including his girlfriend, make others believe otherwise.
Davido Notable Achievements and Awards
Since his rise to fame, Davido has gone ahead to win a good number of awards. Here are his awards and notable achievements.
- 2014 – Music Artist Of The Year: City People Music Awards
- 2014 – Best International Act: BET Africa Awards
- 2014 – Male Artist Of The Year: Nigeria Entertainment Awards
- 2014 – Best Male Artist: MTV Africa Music Awards
- 2014 – Artist Of The Year: MTV Africa Music Awards
- 2014 – Best Collaboration (Gallardo): Nigeria Entertainment Awards
- 2015 – Best Pop Artist Of The Year: Nigeria Entertainment Awards
- 2015 – Choice Male Artist: Nigeria Teen Choice Award
- 2015 – Top Featured Artist: Nigeria Teen Choice Award
- 2015 – Best Male Artist: MTV Africa Music Awards
- 2016 – Best Collabo Of The Year (Osinachi remix): City People Music Awards
- 2017 – Popular Song Of The Year: City People Music Awards
- 2017 – Afropop Male Artist Of The Year: Nigeria Entertainment Awards
- 2017 – Future Awards Africa Prize for Music
- 2017 – Hottest Single Of The Year: Nigeria Entertainment Awards
- 2017 – Best African Act: MTV Europe Music Awards
- 2018 – Artiste Of The Year: The Headies Awards
- 2018 – Best International Act: BET Awards
- 2018 – Best Pop Single: The Headies Awards
And just recently…
- 2020 – Rest Of Africa Artist (A Good Time): South Africa Music Awards
Davido Notable Achievements
- Davido’s 2017 hit track “Fall” is one worthy of note. It was among Shazam’s top 100 searched songs in 2019. In the same year, it also became the longest-charting Nigerian pop song in Billboard’s history. Fall’s official music video got over 100 million views on YouTube—the first by a Nigerian artist.
- Davido sold-out O2 Arena, London, in January 2019. He was the first solo artist to do that.
- Davido’s 2019 track “Blow My Mind” did set some interesting records. Firstly, it overtook Wizkid’s “Fever” and “Come Closer” to become the video with most views on YouTube within 11 hours. And second, Blow My Mind holds the record for the Nigerian music video with most views within the first 24 hours of release.
How much is Davido worth? Davido’s Net Worth
After years of music sales, endorsement deals, and branding, Davido is worth an estimated $16 million in 2020 by Forbes.
Like most celebrities, Davido is a car lover and has a collection of exotic cars. Here are his collection of cars:
- Toyota Land Cruiser
- Mercedes-AMG GLS63
- Rolls Royce Cullinan 2019
- Range Rover SV Autobiography
- Bentley Bentayga
- Porsche Panamera Turbo S
- Chevrolet Camaro GS
- Mercedes G-Wagon
- Audi R8