Do you know you can make money on Instagram? – Yes, you can make hefty income on Instagram while doing things you love always love doing like posting pictures or videos, liking a post, following I.G users and commenting on their posts. This has been so easy and it is one of the most used social media platform in the world where you can easily hangout with your loved celebrities, businesses and friends.
Most business owners used Instagram to advertise their products or services such as bags, jewellery, shoes, e-book and other goods that can be delivered online or in kind. Few media sites has adopted Instagram as their platform for micro-niche blogging and building of fans that are serious with what they are doing, unlike Facebook where anybody can join and spam as much as they like.
Before we go into the details, let me briefly show you some reasons why it’s plausible to make money on Instagram.
Can I Really Make Money on Instagram? Tell Me the Big Deal!
Instagram is a photo and video-sharing platform created by Kevin Systrom and Mike Krieger. It was launched in 6th of October, 2010 exclusive for iOS users only. But now, it’s available also on Android devices. Instagram started growing in fame and numbers when it’s acquired by Facebook Inc.
Since then, celebrities have chosen Instagram as their favourite zone to interact with their fans and that’s why Instagram rapidly climbed to be of the most visited website within few years of its launched.
Below are few statistics about Instagram:
- More than 500 million active users per day
- 800 million active users per month
- About 70% of Businesses are on Instagram
- More than 2 million Instagram advertisers
- More than 300 million Instagram users make use of IG stories daily
- Time spent daily on Instagram is very high compared to other social sites
- Business-minded people are on Instagram not talkative
- And so on
A business without an Instagram page is not yet a business in this digital age. That’s why people who uses Instagram spends hefty money in order to gain more visibility and acquire more followers.
Now let talk about how you can make money on Instagram, I know this is what you have been waiting for.
How to Make Money on Instagram in 2019
- Affiliate Marketing: If you have quality followers, you can make money on IG through affiliate marketing. Affiliate marketing is very easy but needs you to input your sense of marketing.
This is how it works:
You partner with a company who sells either products or services related to your audience or targeted niche. These companies always welcome different publishers to help them promote their products while you earn commission on each successful sales. You don’t need to spend a dime before partnering with these companies.
Few affiliate program you can join to make money on Instagram:
- Amazon – you can promote any products or service here irrespective of your niche or quantity of followers as long as you know the marketing strategies that work for each product or service which your followers or targeted audience will convert with.
- Clickbank – Same thing as Amazon
- Jumia, Konga & Jiji Affiliate Program – These are better if you wish to promote local products within Nigeria.
- Siteground, Namecheap, bluehost, Hosgator etc – These are better if your followers or targeted audience deal with website, hosting and domain stuffs
- Impact Radius
- You can do better to search on google for more affiliate programs you can join.
After joining any of these program, get your referral link (of that particular stuff you wish to promote), put the link in your bio and start convincing your followers why they need to buy that particular products.
If you can be doing this consistently with engaging photos or videos, few (if not some) of your followers or targeted audience may be triggered to buy using the link on your bio.
This is not that easy but it will be easier if you take enough of your time to do market and audience research. Try as much as possible to understand the type of ‘hot’ products or service they are interested in. After that, give them what they want with serious and engaging marketing.
NOTE: commissions here are pretty okay as they are paid in dollar with respect to what and how expensive what you sold were.
- Sponsored Posts: This is another and most common way of making money on Instagram. But, it just don’t come easily as joining an affiliate program or so.
For you to enjoy this opportunity, you must have some numbers of real and engaging followers.
Different companies, media partners or individual will contact you themselves if they are convinced that running a sponsored post on your Instagram page will be beneficial to them.
Popular Instagram pages with good numbers of followers like instablog9ja, gossipmill and some other influencers are making cool money selling sponsored posts on their page and there charges are pretty expensive but those companies or individuals that contacts them for exposure knew that the charges are worth it.
You can also start building a good and engaging IG page today and see how things change for better for you.
But if none contacted you for sponsored post or exposure, you can as well join some advertising agencies to help you get sponsored posts. To join these agencies, it’s FREE. Below are few of them:
Try to sign up with those websites above and see how they can help you make money on Instagram.
- Selling Your Own Products: Instagram can help you make more sales if you understand your consumers and how your products or service can help them. You can create many products either digitally or consumable (durable) ones.
You can create digital products like e-books. If you are skilled on a particular field and you are know that you can teach, kindly write an e-book about that particular skill and start selling. Sometimes, you may need to create a digital products inform of videos.
You can also offer a solution to people’s problems by creating physical products. This can based on how to last longer in bed (herbal medicines), growing natural hair, butt or boobs. If you have strong marketing strategies, you can make money on Instagram selling these problem to people who need it.
In digital products, you can send them to those who paid for it through your website or landing page. But for products like herbal medicines Etc., you will need to deliver to those who paid through some means you can get the product to that person.
- Sell Your Photos Online: As you might have known that Instagram deal with two basic types of content which are Videos and Photos. But there are tons of websites outside there who ready to buy those beautiful pictures from you.
To sell your photos, you will need to list them on photography marketplace such as twenty20 and 500px.
But those photos must be creative and originally owned by you. Because these photography marketplace are also going to sell them for those who need them either in printed or softcopy format.
- GiveAways: Although this is not a sure way to make money through your Instagram page because it depends on luck.
Some celebrities and rich influencers do give back to their fans by giving them things like money, phones and assorted materials which goes to the lucky fans.
GossipMill, a Nigerian popular Instagram page gives out money to at least, 10 lucky fans every week and we also have some of these celebrities or media personalities who can give out up to (and even more than) $500 for any lucky person on Instagram.
You can start following popular celebrities or influencers today. After following them, make sure turn on their post notifications in case something like giveaways comes up.
- Earn Traffic: If you are a blogger, YouTuber or an online marketer, you can making hefty income on your blog or YouTube channel if you have ads like AdSense running on it.
Instagram traffic are so converting because for someone to check your post, go to your profile and click on your blog or channel’s link, that mean that person is really serious about visiting. If you your blog is very fast, responsive and your AdSense ads are placed well, there is possibility that that person will click on Ads because of the cookies stored in his/her browser which is will be same as what he or she is looking for.
If you are still doubting if you can ever make money on Instagram, then kindly do yourself a favour by asking search engines (especially Google) how much Selena Gomez, Kylie Jenner, Kim Kardashian and other top influencers are making on Instagram.
You can quit your 9-5 job if you understand the tactics that work on Instagram or by simply asking Instagram entrepreneurs to mentor you. At Olgade Tech Solutions, you will mentored and supervised if you want to learn any skills to make money online. Click here to contact olgade techs for further details.
Before you can make money on Instagram, you need to build more influence by acquiring more followers, having good numbers of increasing engagement. In my next blog posts, I will be revealing top secrets to building influence and acquiring massive followers on Instagram.
Don’t forget to drop your questions or feedback in the comment box below and remember that sharing is caring, show that you care for us by sharing this tips with your friends.