Are you thinking of the best and legit ways you can make money as a Nigerian student? I’m glad you landed in this page as I’m going to show you the to...
Are you thinking of the best and legit ways you can make money as a Nigerian student?
I’m glad you landed in this page as I’m going to show you the top easiest ways you can earn cool cash without affecting your academics.
Being a student comes with many challenges, making money is one of them. Most students have the skills and knowledge of making money but they don’t utilize it.
As a student in Nigeria it is good you have an independent source of income asides that of your parents. Your parents will not be there at all times, they may face financial difficulty at some point which may affect you.
But if you don’t want to be caught off guard by uncertainties you need to be independent financially.
I’ll be sharing ten ways as to which you can make extra income as a student. Most of these methods are time friendly as they don’t need your 24 hours attention which may be detrimental to your academic life. Some requires professional tutorship while others are easy to learn as most of the tutorials can be found online.
If you curious about making money as a Nigerian student, then read on!
How to Make Money as a Nigerian Student
- Photography: We are all aware that most occasion and celebrations in Nigeria happens during the weekends. Student looking to make extra cash should take advantage of this opportunity.
Photography isn’t that difficult to learn, most of the students are already good smartphone photographers. As a Nigerian student willing to make money you can meet practicing photographers to put you through the basics of professional photography. Getting a brand new digital camera is quite expensive, getting a “fairly used” camera from a pro will be cheaper and it’s a good way to start.
You can also make money from this photography students by selling your photos to companies who needs them.. You can check this article (here) to learn how you can sell your photos and make money
- Freelancing: Skills like Digital Marketing, Writing, Web and Graphic design are of high demand due to technological advancements.
Most students in higher institution have Laptops or smartphones. If well utilized, your smartphone or laptop could make you lots of cash.
Few years ago, these skills were only accessible to those who can afford money to learn them. But today, most of this skills can be learnt online, some even offer you certification at the end of the course. YouTube is another learning resource, you can learn most of these skills by watching videos uploaded by YouTubers on your device.
If you’ve gotten good knowledge about these IT skills, it’ll go a long way in fetching you money as a student. Most businesses are going online, this increases the demand for these skills which I’ll advise students to take advantage of.
Personally, I make whooping 6 figures online through freelancing. I’m aiming to start earning 7 figures and I’m sure you know what that mean. Check my website design and digital marketing brand and see how i make money online.
Note: I can teach you the right and legal thing you need to do in order to start making money as a student in Nigeria and I will help you monetize everything I teach you.
My service starts from N5,000 upwards depending on how higher you want to go. If you are interested, click here to contact me now!
- Investing in Cryptocurrency and Stock market: This two businesses are very lucrative right now and will continue to be in the future.
Growing up we had the illusion that the stock market was for the well-to-do business men and women. That has been debunked because young people who are not so “well-to-do” are beginning to take advantage of the stock market. Learning how to trade stocks and cryptocurrencies will require professional assistance. Thankfully, seminars on stock market and cryptocurrency are being done regularly, students can pick a Saturday and avail themselves for these kind of seminars.
Investing in cryptocurrency and stocks is very profitable if done properly. I will advise any student who wants to be financially stable to take advantage of this.
- Lesson/Tutorials: Most students find it difficult to grab some certain concepts that are been taught in our higher institutions. Sometimes, it is due to the student’s short comings or the lecturers. Some students are unable to comprehend things that are been taught by some lecturers as most of these lecturers are very strict.
Back in secondary school, my chemistry teacher made me and other students hate chemistry because of his approach to teaching. But during a biology class, our biology teacher explained an aspect of chemistry that was related to the current biology topic, coincidentally, what he explained was our current chemistry topic. The whole class was in shock as to how simple it was after he explained it, we then begged him to be our chemistry teacher, he felt compassion for us but he declined, it actually wasn’t in his hand to take such decision.
What is the point here? Not all students will comprehend lectures, so if you’re an “intelligent” student you can take advantage of this and make some cash.
ALSO READ: How to Make Money Online in Nigeria
- Painting: Most students may not be comfortable with this, but I’m beginning to some of them go into painting.
Painting doesn’t require any certification and can be learnt easily, you can learn from a friend who paints and afterwards you can start making your money from painting.
- Catering Services: If you’re good at this, you can as well take advantage of it. If you don’t how to bake, it’s very easy to learn.
This should appeal to the ladies who may need money for a thing or two. You can bake cake or other ‘bake-ables’ and sell to others, especially during weekends as most celebrations happen during weekends. Doing this will serve as a source of income in the long run.
- Fashion Design: If you have a good eye for fashion, fashion design will be a good way to make money. However, you need to learn some things about the current trend to be a good fashion designer.
Making people look good is a sure fire way to make money especially on weekends, as it doesn’t affect the academic aspect of your life.
- Music/DJ services: If you have passion for music, you can download any music DJ application on your laptop, learn how to use it and you are in business.
There is always demand for DJs on weekends for several events and this is surely going to fetch you some money.
- Sale Of Fashion Items: Students on campus love to look trendy and therefore buy cloths, foot wears, handbags, jewelries and other body accessories quite often.
If you could get these wears in bulk at reduced price from big suppliers, you will surely make much money from the trade.
- MC/Comedy Service: If you can make people laugh and can also speak eloquently, just learn the rudiments of being a Master of Ceremony via the internet and you are good to go. Just like DJs, MCs are always requested for in events. Your first successful hosting of an event, may be at a friend’s birthday party, is enough to get you referrals.
Making money shouldn’t be stressful as a student, you should be able to balance your business and academic life.
Most of these services I’ve shared can be done on weekends, so it won’t affect you academically.
Do you have any question pertaining to how you can make money as a student in Nigeria? Kindly use the comment box below and if you feel you will need a mentorship or consultation, click here to contact me.
Please don’t forget to share this article with your friends on social media in order to help them as well, Thanks!!
Last Updated on