Connect with us

9ja News

Some Chibok Girls Refused To Be “Freed” Because They Have Gotten Married To Boko Haram Members

Published

on

Earlier yesterday, I published an article about the Nigerian mediator and a legislator who were sent to negotiate with Boko Haram sects on how they will release more of the girls on their captivity but to our greatest surprise, some of the girls said they won’t come back to Nigeria, they Said they need no freedom which the mediator said he cannot force them home but his job is to create mutual negotiation.

The reason why some of the chibok girls said they don’t want to be “Freed” puzzled the entire Nigerians as everybody is praying for their safety return home.

Then, Why did Some Abducted Chibok girls refuses to be freed?

If you have asked that question before or you are still gestating on it, let me tell you that you are not alone. Alot of people have asked this question also.

Thanks to the Senior Special Assistant to President Buhari on Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu, who finally experimented this question and gave us the verisimilitude feedback. He says one of the Chibok school girls in Boko Haram captivity refused to be released not just because she was afraid or being radicalised but according to the girl, she said she had refused to be freed because she had found a husband among the Boko haram members.

It wasn’t funny enough though because last year, we heard that some of these chibok girls were been raped and impregnated by the Sect’ members and, no ones know maybe this very girl who refused to be released is among or she is enjoying her stay with them.

The refuses to be freed because she found an heartthrob of her choice among the boko haram members would have been the 83 girl to have been released by the sect group last Saturday alongside with the 82 who were successfully brought back to their “Freedom” but, she is now married to one of the sect members. She even said that she would rather stay married to his husband than to come back home to meet her parents.

The president aide, Garba revealed this in an interview with Channels TV today. He said:
“83 were negotiated to come back but one said I have found a husband, I am happy where I am. So they left her and brought back the 82. At first, when the negotiation started people were ridiculing us. But we are here now.”

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

9ja News

#EndSARS: Nigeria Senate Begins Investigations About the Alleged Human Rights Abuses

Published

on

#EndSARS: Senates Begins Investigation on SARS for Human Rights Abuses

The Nigerian Senates had on Tuesday ordered its Ad hoc Committee on Security to begin investigation on Special Anti-Robbery squad (SARS) of the Nigeria Police Force on the allegations of human rights abuses.

According to our source, the issue was raised by Senator Isa Misau from Bauchi during the senate plenary.

Senator Isa Misau said that the law, the highest investigative arm of the Nigerian police under the Police Act and regulation was the Force Criminal Investigation and Intelligence Department (Force CID).

He said:

For effective and efficient administration, the department is divided into 14 sections for which the Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS) is one of them.

The squad is supposed to be a section in each state command, with sole responsibility of handling armed robbery cases and answerable to the commissioner for police.

I have in the last few months received petitions from my constituency, both online and physically, against SARS on violence from extra-judicial killing, brutality, torture, arrest, bribery and other menacing conduct by the men of the unit.

Misau added that some investigations had shown that the incidents were not isolated as many people had been sharing their experiences on social media. He said:

We are a civilised society. The majority of the Nigerian Police is manned by men and women of great integrity, discipline and commitment.

However, this unit is not one of them. It is dangerous for us to have a unit of the police force to act as if it is above the law and empowered to so behave.

The lawmaker encouraged other senate members to decide together and put an end to SARS in order to pave way for a more civilized unit that will be built around the rule of law and human rights observance.

I’m aware that in 2015, the then IG of Police, Solomon Arase, had due to incessant reports of abuses by the force, split SARS into two units with a view to check human rights abuses.

This indeed was by ensuring that officers cannot make arrest and investigate the same case.

Sen. Isa Misau added that the abuses had continued without any success regarding former Inspector General of Police decision to eliminate human rights abuses.
He said the Nigeria Police had a major obligation to ensure protection of human rights in all the states of the federation.

It therefore ought to prevent and investigate corruption as well as misconduct by law enforcement officers and provide accountability for the exercise of their powers.

I call on this chamber to mandate the ad hoc committee on security to investigate this issue of human rights abuses by SARS and make relevant recommendations.

The motion was also supported by Dino Melaye (APC-Kogi).

In his remarks, the President of the Senate, Bukola Saraki, said it was appropriate for the matter to be sent to the committee for consideration. He said:

It is clear that something wrong is going on and needs urgent attention. It is happening in all our constituents, and we must be seen to be responsive to some of these needs.

Continue Reading

9ja News

Nigerians Are Also Behind Slave Trade in Libya – Survivors

Published

on

Slave Trade in Libya: “Fellow Nigerians Are Also Behind Trading Nigeria’s Migrants As Slaves” – Survivors

Survivors of the slave trade in Libya who are returning back to Nigeria have said that their fellow Nigerians were also behind the trading of Nigeria’s migrants as slaves in Libya.

About 150 Nigerians who were mostly from Edo and Delta states who were returning home after they have been stranded in Libya told The PUNCH that they were sold by their fellow countrymen.

A survivor, Odion Saliu who is a 26-year-old lady from Edo State said that she was abducted initially by the Arabs and later abducted by a Nigerian, who then sold her. She said:

When I was kidnapped with others and held for some weeks, the Arabs asked if I wanted to be taken to a Nigerian and I readily said yes. I was very happy that I was going to someone from my country. But it was a lie.

The Nigerian they took me to locked me in a cell and told me to call my mother and ask for N60, 000. The man said he would sell me to a connection house if my family did not get the money. I called to inform my mother and the trafficker who facilitated my journey from Nigeria.

But the trafficker spoke with them on the phone and told them the amount they demanded was too small. They increased it to N200, 000. My mother paid into an account after they provided her with the account number over the phone.

The Nigerian said if I wanted to cross the sea, I had to pay him again. But when we got to the seaside, he sold me again.

Another survivor, Sunday Anyaegbunam, who left with his wife, said he was sold twice by Nigerians. He said, he had to pay a ransom to have himself and his wife released. He said:

We were made to contact our families on the phone and I had to ensure the payment of N400, 000 for my release and N300, 000 for my wife.

The Nigerians selling people in Libya are more wicked than many of the Arabs. I have never seen people so heartless as the Nigerians who bought and sold me.

There are many of them in Agadez and Sabha, who are making so much money from selling their own people. But there are other West Africans doing the business too.

When you approach them and say, “Please, my brother, help me.” They would tell you, “No brother in the jungle.”

In a report by The Citizen, the story is the same. Fotsi, a Cameroonian who left his country in search of greener pastures also fell into the hands of Nigerian slave merchants. He said:

There was torture like I’ve never seen. They hit you with wooden bats, with iron bars.

They hang you from the ceiling by (your) arms and legs and then throw you down to the floor. They swing you and throw you against the wall, over and over again, ten times.

They are not human beings. They are the devil personified.

Continue Reading

9ja Celebs

Former President, Goodluck Jonathan & Senator Ben Murray Bruce Congratulates Wizkid As He Won The “Best International Act” At 2017 MOBO Awards

Published

on

MOBO Awards 2017: Wizkid Received Congratulatory Messages From Former President Goodluck Jonathan and Sen. Ben Murray Bruce

Joy is celebrating joy in Nigeria and across Africa continent as our proud sons, Wizkid and Davido won two of the best Awards at 2017 MOBO Awards.

2017 MOBO Awards was a big night for Nigeria’s superstar singer Wizkid as he won the “Best International Act” and also, big record for Nigeria’s Entertainment Industry and to the world.

CHECK Out: Full List of Nominees At 2017 MOBO Awards – Click Here

At this 2017 MOBO Awards, Wizkid beat the likes of Drake, SZA, Cardi B, JAY-Z, Kendrick Lamar among others, to take home the award.

After the great achievement hit
And goes viral, Nigeria’s Former president, Goodluck Ebele Jonathan
congratulated Wizkid on Facebook saying the “win is a proud moment for Nigeria”.

Former President Goodluck Jonathan wrote:

When Nigeria does well, I cannot help but feel well. My happiness is tied to the happiness of Nigeria and when Nigerians break records and take the name of Nigeria to greater heights it exhilarates me. Thank you Wizkid for raising Nigeria’s flag high for the positive, not the negative. Your emergence as the Best International Act at the #MOBOAwards is a proud moment for Nigeria. And the fact that you emerged over JAY-Z and Drake makes it even more celebratory. WELL DONE. GEJ.

Also, The Chief Executive Officer of Silverbird and the Senator representing Bayelsa East Constituency, Senator Ben Murray Bruce also shared his congratulatory message via the Twitter. Read below:-

Dear @wizkidayo, I‘ve been in the entertainment business as an investor since 1980 and one of my proudest moments for Nigerian music is the day you defeated both Jayz and @Drake, two of the biggest stars in the world, to win the Best international Act at the #MOBOAwards well done.

Check out the full list of winners at the 2017 MOBO Awards here – (Click)

Continue Reading

Trending

Get Your Recharge Card Printing Software & Licence

CLICK HERE!
X