(Learn how to use Cardless Withdrawal in Nigeria to withdraw money from your bank on any ATM gallery without your ATM card or making a bank transfer to anybody. This tutorial applies to all Banks in Nigeria)
You urgently need to withdraw some money but you’re not with your ATM card (MasterCard, Verve or VISA), does that mean there’s no possible way except you make a bank transfer or get your card?
The Cardless Withdrawal in Nigeria got you!
Right in this blog post, I will show you how you can withdraw money from any ATM stand in Nigeria without your ATM card.
I’m not going to bore you with long text, but straight to the point.
But before I start the easy tutorial, kindly note that Cardless Withdrawal is 100% legal and safe as long as someone who knows your banking details steals your phone to perform the transaction.
So, that’s a warning for you; don’t ever let anybody have access to your phone without your consent or lock your banking apps and ensure you don’t reveal your banking PIN to anybody.
Now, let’s talk about how you can withdraw cash from an ATM without using your MasterCard, VISA or Verve.
How to Use Cardless Withdrawal in Nigeria
I’m going to split this tutorial into two methods and you can choose (or use) any of them.
- Using Your Banking Mobile App
- Using Your Bank USSD Code
Basically, if you want to use cardless withdrawal, you need to generate a token or what is called Paycode. This paycode is what you will punch on the ATM with the selected 4-digits PIN and amount.
How much is the cardless withdrawal fee in Nigeria?
Kindly note that N100 will be deducted for using the Cardless withdrawal service in Nigeria. If you want to withdraw N5000, have it in mind that N5100 will be debited from your account.
How to perform Cardless Withdrawal Withdrawal via Banking Mobile App
Note that this cardless withdrawal procedure is the same for all banks (GTBank, First Bank, UBA, Diamond, VFD Bank etc.), although, it might be slightly different due to how the banking mobile apps are designed.
And we are going to do this in two easy steps;
STEP 1: On your Mobile App
- Open your banking mobile app (if you don’t have, go to Playstore or Appstore to download your bank’s mobile app e.g GTWorld)
- Sign in with your preferred method
- Go to your mobile app menu and click on Cardless withdrawal (on GTworld app, click on Cashout in the home screen)
- Select the account to debit (simply select your savings account or account with money)
- If your app ask for the cashout terminal (such as GTBank), choose ATM
- Select or write the amount you want to withdraw
- Choose any 4-digits PIN to authenticate the cardless withdrawal at any ATM stand
- Click on continue or submit
That’s all you need to do on your mobile app.
Now an automated 11-digits number known as PAYCODE or TOKEN will be sent to your phone number attached to that account number. Now, the next and final step!
STEP 2: On the ATM Gallery
Please make sure you have received SMS that have your Cardless withdrawal Paycode or token. Open your message system app on your phone.
- After getting your 11-digits PAYCODE or TOKEN for cardless withdrawal, click on any button on the ATM
- Now, select Cardless Withdrawal or Paycode feature >> Click on PROCEED
- Now, you will be asked to enter your paycode or token: Enter the long number sent to you from your bank correctly
- Type amount (you don’t need to include the N100 fee, it’s automatic)
- Finally click on PROCEED
The ATM will process your transaction and if the details you entered are correct, the money will be dispensed within one minute or less.
ALSO READ: How to Start a POS Business in Nigeria
That’s how you use cardless withdrawal in Nigeria via the mobile bank app.
But what if you want to withdraw money and the internet connection is poor or you’re not with your browsing phone? You can use the banking USSD, here is how;
How to Do Cardless Withdrawal Withdrawal in Nigeria via the Bank USSD Code
- Dial the bank USSD code: In case you don’t know your Bank’s USSD CODE, check below
- Choose Cardless or Cardless withdrawal (if you don’t see this option on first page, go to NEXT till you find it)
- Select or write amount
- Choose a PIN (4-digits)
An SMS will be sent to you within 3 seconds. The SMS contains your Paycode or Token.
If you have seen that, go to the nearest ATM gallery and follow the STEP 2 under Mobile app method above.
NOTE: If you have account with VERVE, you can as well use it to generate the cardless withdrawal token by logging onto the Verve mobile app or generate Paycode using *322*8*Amount#
Just in case you don’t know your bank USSD code, check them here:
Full List of Nigerian Banks USSD Code for Banking Transactions
- Access (Diamond) Bank — *901#
- EcoBank — *326#
- Fidelity Bank — *770#
- First Bank — *894#
- First City Monument Bank (FCMB) — *389*214#
- Guaranty Trust Bank (GTB) — *737#
- Heritage Bank — *322*00#
- JAIZ Bank — *389*301#
- Keystone Bank *7111#
- Polaris Bank *833#
- Stanbic IBTC Bank *909#
- Sterling Bank — *822#
- United Bank for Africa (UBA) — *919#
- Union Bank — *826#
- Unity Bank — *7799#
- VFD Bank — *5037#
- Wema Bank — *945#
- Zenith Bank — *966#
Conclusion: How to Withdraw Money with Cardless Withdrawal in Nigeria
kindly be aware that I’m not a banker, an affiliate, partner or representative of any Bank in Nigeria. I’m just sharing the useful information you need, this may help you one day when you’re stranded.
If you have any questions, kindly contact the bank customer care and please don’t share your banking or confidential details here. I will not be responsible for anything that puts you into risk simply by putting your details here.
So, that’s all about withdrawing money from an ATM without your card.
If you have done this before, can you please share your experience on Cardless withdrawal in Nigeria with us? Mine has been so smooth and fast.
Help share this content with your friend also, so that they can learn how to withdraw money with an ATM card, you don’t know who this might help….