Have you ever heard of Nicotine Withdrawal? I bet you have already know about it and being here at this moment means you want to know more about it or...
Have you ever heard of Nicotine Withdrawal? I bet you have already know about it and being here at this moment means you want to know more about it or, how you can actually stop smoking at a go.
Let get the business done!
What is Nicotine Withdrawal?
Nicotine is a concentrated drug which can be found in tobacco which according to experts, makes a person to be more addictive with smoking.
Nicotine Withdrawal is the set of distressing physical symptoms that occur when you stop smoking Nicotine or Tobacco.
Effects of Nicotine Withdrawal
Basically, Nicotine deals earnestly with human brain and of course, it causes wide range of effects on it. Below are some major effects of Nicotine to the brain and the entire body systems:-
• Reduces Appetite:- A person who is addicted to smoking tobacco will find it hard to eat as a result of Nicotine.
• Reduces depression:- This is one of the reasons why most people smokes. Nicotine is very and much capable of making someone to forget his/her sorrow for a while.
• Boosting mood:- About 50% of those who smokes tobacco are doing so just because they always want to get high, over-inspired and motivated. Nicotine as a drug substance is much capable of doing this.
• Reduces irritability:- A person addicted to Nicotine will find It difficult have feelings for something within or around him/her.
• Other Effects of Nicotine Withdrawal are:-
* It enhances concentration and short-term memory
* It Produces a sense of well-being etc.
Important Facts About Nicotine Withdrawal
Nicotine contains carcinogens – a chemical which is capable of causing Cancers. Carcinogens in Nicotine can gradually leads to the development of heart disease, lungs cancer and stroke. With respects to this grievous effects of Nicotine, about 70% of smokers have determined to quick smoking completely.
Also, Nicotine is an addictive drug such as some alcohol, cocaine, morphine and other concentred drug substances.
An health care institution reported that:
“Nicotine withdrawal makes it more difficult to quit.”
What Are the Symptoms of Nicotine Withdrawal?
On neutral ground, symptoms of Nicotine withdrawal may begins like thirty minutes after smoking/using tobacco and, it depends on how much more you can control yourself against its addiction.
Kindly note that the Normal days to experience the symptoms of Nicotine withdrawal varies between a week to a month before it go away.
Symptoms of nicotine withdrawal include:
• sore throat
• Lack of Concentration
• Tingling in the hands and feet
• Intestinal cramping
• Lack of Irritability
• Weight gain
• Hungers for Nicotine
• Mental issues.
How Can Nicotine Withdrawal Be Treated?
It’s a good idea that you are looking for the best treatment to Nicotine withdrawal and how you can even quit smoking. As I have said earlier, about 70% of those who smokes tobacco/nicotine says they want to quit smoking completely and, am glad you are one of them.
So, without wasting your precious time, below are major ways to treat nicotine withdrawal:-
• Visit A Medical Doctor:- Should I say this is the effective way to treat Nicotine withdrawal? Yes!
If you have finally decided to quit smoking, contact a medical doctor immediately for help on how to deal with the symptoms. The doctor will prescribe some medication or information about how you can battle nicotine withdrawal.
• Try Over-the-Counter Nicotine Replacement Medications:- This can also help you to battle nicotine withdrawal. This medication includes nicotine gum and skin patches.
• Also, Try Replacement Method:- This method works like magic and, it’s a good idea if you try this also. This method of treating nicotine withdrawal includes the use of inhalers and nasal sprays. This helps in decreasing the amount of Nicotine substance in your body.
• Try Non-nicotine Medications:- Am not telling you to start using paracetamol which is meant for fever or any other drugs but, drugs like Zyban or Chantix
Zyban helps people who are dependent on nicotine to give up smoking. It is used in combination with motivational support. Zyban is not a form of nicotine replacement therapy. Zyban takes a few days to work so it is usually started while you are still smoking.
• Join Anti-Drugs or Smoking Group/Club:- Although, you won’t be drinking the members’ blood but, they can greatly help you to treat nicotine withdrawal, how? If you’re trying to quit smoking, you may benefit from the help of others who are trying to quit. Joining a smoking cessation program or a support group may increase your chances of success.
• Know Your Triggers:- Know your triggers and try to avoid them as far as you can. Most people smokes because of some things and, that is what we call Triggers.
Below are some Nicotine Withdrawal’s Triggers:-
• Keeping company with smokers
• Feeling stressed
• Drinking coffee or tea
• Drinking alcohol
• Feeling bored
• Talking on the phone
• Feeling Depressed etc
• Physical Exercise:- Running, Jogging, Squatting etc may help you to recover from nicotine withdrawal.
• Try Substituting For Cigarettes or Tobacco:- Another helpful tip is to substitute carrots, gum, or hard candy for cigarettes, as this can curb the psychological need to smoke.
Complications & Rounding Up:- Nicotine Withdrawal: Effects, Symptoms and Treatment of Nicotine Withdrawal
Nicotine withdrawal is not a life threatening condition. Most of its effects are aligned above.
Dealing and defeating nicotine withdrawal is like the most difficult part of quitting smoking. Many people have to try more than once to quit. The more you try to quit, the more likely you will be to succeed.
Do you have any suggestion or query? Please kindly tell me or contact me through the comment box below.
Last Updated on