African Richest Woman, Folorunso Alakija launched “Flourish Africa” To Help Women Yesterday, the richest woman in Africa, Mrs. Folorunso Alakija who i...
African Richest Woman, Folorunso Alakija launched “Flourish Africa” To Help Women
Yesterday, the richest woman in Africa, Mrs. Folorunso Alakija who is also the Vice chairman of Famfa Oil Limited, a oil company among the largest Indigenous Nigerian owned exporter of Crude oil, has officially launched “Florish Africa” which is a nonprofit organization with the main focus of establishing a global community that motivates and help the women in all aspects of their lives.
Aims of “Florish Africa” founded by Folorunso Alakija
Folorunso Alakija’s “Florish Africa” is an initiative founded to create a platform for both teenage girl and the adult women in order to gain access to information that will aid them in developing any area of their careers, love and relationship, inspirational messages from top women who were entrepreneurs.
“Florish Africa” is born out of the main idea to establish a community of women who are likely to share dreams together also, sharing of experiences, ideas, courages, fears and everything pertaining to their lives as they are like-minded.
“Flourish Africa” is an organization founded for women by women to empower both the young and the old to flourish.
According to BellaNaija, The online platform, the first phase of a series of initiatives under the “Flourish Africa” umbrella, is designed to help women in all aspects of their lives.
About Folorunso Alakija – The founder of “Florish Africa”
Madam Folorunso Alakija who just launch a NGO platform for women, “Florish Africa” is also the founder of the Rose of Sharon Foundation which is also an NGO with the main focus of helping the orphans and the widows.
Folorunso Alakija is a philanthropist who have been using her wealth to empower women and children for many years ago.
Through her gentle and kind gestures, many lives has been turned from “Unfortunate” to “Fortunate” in Nigeria and Africa.
she points out that its message can relate to both genders stating:
- “I believe both men and women can benefit from the ethos of the “Flourish Africa” platform. I know that given the opportunity, women have the power to change the course of any nation and together, we can break down the stereotypes that hold us all back, make our communities much stronger and greater. Together we can create the world where every woman understands their true value and have the tools at their disposal to follow their dreams.”
About “Florish Africa” founded by Folorunso Alakija
According to BellaNaija:
- “Flourish Africa” is a worldwide movement, but it is ultimately rooted in the local realm. The organization wants to begin by empowering women in Nigeria through several initiatives that will run throughout the year to enrich the lives of women both locally and internationally. Per Alakija, there is a need for more spaces in the online community where women can engage in intellectual discourse and uplift, empower, and inspire each other no matter what age.
The “Flourish Africa” concept stems from Folorunso Alakija’s aims that:
- Many women have the potential to be great. If we form a community of like-minded individuals who share a common goal and purpose, we can pull together, make an impact in every community we find ourselves and ultimately, flourish.
Difference Between “Florish Africa” and “Rose of Sharon Foundation” founded by Folorunso Alakija
* “Florish Africa” by Folorunso Alakija aimed primarily only on Women while;
* “Rose of Sharon Foundation” by Folorunso Alakija aimed on Orphans and widows.
Last Updated on