“Nigerians Are Using ’42 Anti-Malaria Drugs’ Abandoned In Europe” – Senate Alarmed
This week Wednesday, the Senate has raised an important alert on how Nigerians consume and the rapid circulation of ’42 Anti-malaria drugs’ which has been banned in Europe but those drugs were still administered and sold in some hospital and pharmacies in Nigeria.
The Senate has immediately ordered the senate committee on health both secondary and tertiary which is headed by Senator Olarewaju Tejuoso during the plenary meeting on Wednesday to commence a thorough investigation into the alleged alarm and report back to the senate for further move.
The resolution came right after a motion by Senator Theodore Orji who read it on the floor of the house.
Orji said in his motion that:
- “The House of Senate have recently note that the European Union has banned the sale and consumption of 42 Anti-Malaria Drugs in all countries within the European Union.”
Below Are Some of The 42 Anti-Malaria Drugs Banned In Europe But Are Administered & Consume in Nigeria:
1. Alaxin 60mg tablet (dihydroartémisinine)B/8;
2. Alaxin oral suspension (dihydroartémisinine) FL/80ml;
3. Amodiaquine 200mg compressed B/1000;
4. Amodiaquine 200mg compressed B/1000;
5. Arinate 100mg tablet (artésunate) B/6;
6. Arinate 50mg tablet (artésunate) B/6;
7. Arsumax 50mg tablet (artésunate) B/12;
8. Artemax 60mg tablet (dihydroartémisinine) B/8;
9. Artémédine 40mg capsule (artemether) B/12;
10. Artémédine 50mg tablet (artemether) B/12;
11. Artenam 50mg tablet (artemether) B/14
12. Artenam 60mg tablet (artemether) B/8;
13. Artésiane 300mg child powder oral suspension (artemether) FL/38g;
14. Artésunate 100mg compressed B/120;
15. Artésunate 50mg tablet B/120;
16. Artexin 60mg tablet (dihydroartémisinine) B/8;
17. Camoquin 200mg tablet (amodiaquine) B/9;
18. Camoquin 200mg tablet (amodiaquine) B/25 blisters;
19. Camoquin 200mg tablet (amodiaquine) B/55 blisters;
20. Camoquin 200mg tablet (amodiquine) B/24;
21. Camoquin 600 mg tablet (amodiaquine) B/3;
22. Camoquin oral suspension 50mg/ 5ml (amodiaquine) FL/60ml;
23. Cotecxin oral suspension (dihydroartémisinine) FL/80ml;
24. Cotecxin 60mg tablet (dihydroartémisinine) B/8;
25. Daraprim tablet (pyriméthamine) B/30;
26. Falcinil 50mg tablet (artésunate) B/12.